Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sacher torte - the paleo way is the best way! (paleo)


This is the redefined version of the decadent Austrian cake, the Sacher torte, which is basically a chocolate and apricot marmalade cake with apricot jam glaze and chocolate. The original recipe is made with two layers of heavy cake loaded with cocoa powder, and in between the layers come the apricot glaze, but I don't really like that kind of structure since the cake layers push the jam out or soak it in and not much of it is left to eat when it comes to that. So I decided, that for the apricot's sake I was going to put a heavy load of apricot jam into the cake batter - which is also loaded with paleo chocolate - and glaze a nice dollow of "jam" onto the cake as well, then covering it with paleo chocolate. 
I am very satisfied with the result as well as my family who tested it. It doesn't have much time to cool. 


Since it is apricot season, I think it is best to make this cake from fresh "jam", because the apricots are so honey sweet you do not have to put any sweetener in it, plus you really don't have to cook it for long, all it requires is just about 5-10 minutes and your sweet and fresh jam is done and ready to be used. 
I love this season! Do not miss out on trying this cake, this is just heavenly!
But, if you are not feeling this chocolate rush right now in this hot weather, you can make some apricot preserve without any sweetener and use it in autumn. This cake is very decadent and perfect for family gatherings. 


Sacher torte

11 comments:

  1. You are mad about chocolate :)) Keep it that way!
    Chocolate and apricots... yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onionchoco, you got that right! :) I am gonna try to keep it up, hope you gonna like what's to come! :) Thx for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cake! Thanks for sharing! Will be making this for a special occasion. Maybe just for the heck of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. it's really a good contribution to us guys not good at cakes, you know i did some cakes before but the taste it's not good, then i quit, so if you have
    interesting, you can load to omega watches online

    visit my new make up, give me your advice, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that FRESH apricots of dried...or even rehydrated dried apricots?

    Thanks <3

    -Zosia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, would you mind providing grams/ml for the amounts...i don't have a 1/5 cup measure!

    Thanks <3

    -Zosia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cake. I have never heard of 1/5 or 1/6 of a cup. What is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1/5 cup is basically 1/4 cup but not heaped, just a little less then the amound. 1/6 is half of 1/3. :) I realize now this is not very straighforward, but it is difficult to give these amount in cups for me when sometimes there are 5 gram differences. I will add gramms!

      Delete
  8. In the ingredients, you list peaches, but then the cake is made with apricots...Which did you use, and if it is apricots, how many?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Arame,

      I used apricots, the peaces are a mistake, I'll correct that, thank you for bringing my attention to it!

      Delete
  9. Translated into Italian and reblogged over here: http://blog.solignani.it/2013/07/07/torta-sacher-versione-paleo/

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Check out my photos on Flick Email me