Friday, December 14, 2012

Chocolate-Honey Gingerbread Stars (Paleo;Grain/Sugar/Dairy free)


Cannot escape it. Christmas is vastly and steadily approaching, even here in Doha. We have just moved here   on 1st November, and since my visa is not ready, there's no way we could go home for the holidays. Although heavy snowing, festive lights and baking and mulled wine would be waiting for us at home. Here, we still have over 20°C, constant sunshine and therefore constantly working air conditioning which hardly screams Christmas to us. Let's face it, we are not in the mood at all. Moreover I hardly doubt we are going to get in the mood, therefore I have a strong feeling that we will just "skip Xmas" this year. 
Is that even possible?

I am sitting here, writing this post and listening to the main Friday prayer from the nearest mosque. I am in short and a t-shirt, while in all my last Christmases up until now at this time I was wrapped in heavy blankets holding hot cocoa tight with Gingerbread cookies.  Can I beat the summer feeling here?

These cookies are definitely the best way to try. Their sweet aroma fills the kitchen and the whole house and I am about to reach for my mug of real cocoa. Maybe this will work eventually. :)









7 comments:

  1. So pretty and festive! Bet they are addictive too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i see that you use oat flour...wouldn't that be considered grain? i was just so excited for these cookies...and i saw it had that flour in it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using gluten-free oat flours but since I am using very small amount, you can substitute it to any starch containing flour you like. Excuse me for my mistake, did not want to lead on anyone.

      Delete
  3. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post in terms of being healthy! There are lots of health and beauty supplements but we need to make sure that we are using the safe and effective products.


    dr. hauschka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, yes, I believe I am on the right track!

      Delete
  5. Hello...in regards to the ground almonds...would a almond flour or meal work...or is that too fine...what did you use? Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Check out my photos on Flick Email me