Monday, February 4, 2013

Paleo Hot Chocolate (paleo, vegan)

 This is a delicious, extremely creamy and sweet hot chocolate that I have perfected nearly two years ago, just after having jumped on the paleo bandwagon. This is a beverage I like to enjoy when I'm craving something sweet and chocolaty in the cold winter nights...



Paleo Hot Chocolate
1 cup, serves 2

1 ripe banana
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup hot water
1 tbsp cocoa powder (preferrably Dutch processed)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Bring the coconut milk and hot water to boil. Mash the bananas with a fork. Place all of them in a mixer with the cocoa powder and mix until smooth. 

There you have it, excellent, creamy, sweet hot chocolate. :)

8 comments:

  1. Was this recipe supposed to contain coconut oil or coconut milk? Your recipe says 2 different things....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coconut milk, sorry for the mistake.

      Delete
  2. Hi Panna,I wanted to ask you about the pictures on your site. They are amazing. May I ask -where did you learn that? I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Iva, I am very much self-taught in this matter, I am just lucky enough to have a nice but basic camera and I have learnt throughout the last two year through trial and error. :)
      However there are many sites explaining the basic techniques of photography and moreover food photography, try to google it!

      Delete
  3. This is fantastic. Best recipe out there. Made a cup and got cozy under the blanket with the book. Who said that Mondays should be rough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am very glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  4. I want to try this! Do I use coconut milk from the can?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you use either can coconut milk or the silk brand coconut milk??? Could you use almond milk?

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Check out my photos on Flick Email me