Saturday, March 2, 2013

Middle-Eastern Adventures

السلام عليكم /Assalamu 'Aalyakom! / Peace be upon You!


3

I had been seen off to the airport by my parents. I was clutching the handle of my handluggage with one  hand, and squeezing the life out of my husband's hand with the other. He didn't seem to mind my hand sweating exessively. I couldn't hold my tears back. I haven't cried like this since I can remember. I was a child again, childish tears rolling on my adult face. Sobbing and waving vigorously to my parents I have left my home. I stopped crying when after 7 hours we arrived at Doha, capital of Qatar. 

5

After our arrival our great adventure has began and I never cried another tears of sadness. I love being here. We are open to all fun things and I've decided to embrace this year or these years as the great adventure of my life, as it is. Happiness comes to me naturally here. Along with peace and much inspiration. 


6

15

17

12

13

11

10

8

9

I hope you enjoyed the pictures I took and you can watch out coz more is comming your way!

Next time you will find an authentic Middle-Eastern dessert on my blog, made gluten-free, added sugar-free and dairy-free, so pop in later! :)

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to following your adventures abroad and to your recipes from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Panna, I loved seeing your pictures of Doha. Currently, two of my aunts live there and a couple of cousins. I actually hadn't seen any pictures until yours! My family has lived in the ME for a long time now, even though we are not MEastern. Over the years though, we have all found our way to America (I came via England).
    I look forward to seeing more pictures and I will be curious about what you think of the food.

    Nazneen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled across your blog and have enjoyed reading many of your recipes but I wanted to say how much I loved these photos. Actually all your food photos are fantastic!
    Now back to the your recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Check out my photos on Flick Email me