Thursday, April 4, 2013

Paleo Chocolate Barks (paleo, vegan)


These chocolate barks have been up my sleeves for quite some time now. I have invented them (they might have been around, however for me it was a huge invention) two years ago, when I have been continuously making them for an entire summer, once filled with cranberries and almonds, once with dates and without any honey. They are as good as chocolate can get for me. Smooth, quickly melting, yet thoroughly chocolate, a deep cocoa flavour envied by all the dark chocolate bars on the shop shelves. 


Paleo Chocolate Barks

¼ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
½ tsp vanilla extract

1/8 cup pistachios
1/8 cup dried cranberries

Melt coconut oil and add cocoa powder and honey and mix thoroughly. Pour it into a pan filled with parchment paper and let it cool in the fridge before jumping on it. 



8 comments:

  1. Yummy! Sounds delicious! Sorry to ask, but is cocoa powde allowed in the paleo diet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sure, it is allowed. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have to eat them straight out of the fridge or they will melt? Or can you treat them like normal chocolate and put in your lunch box etc?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sales of professional massage products of top quality like e.g massage oil, neutral massage oil, massage cream, essential oils & massage accessories.
    Massage Accessories

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, these aren't actually vegan. Vegan requires absolutely no animal product. Honey is a product of bees and generally isn't considered vegan

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw this I nearly fell off my seat - LUXURY paleo meals! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sales of professional massage products of top quality like e.g massage oil, neutral massage oil, massage cream, essential oils & massage accessories.
    Massage products

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks yummy! I noticed your recipe calls for dried cranberries, but the fruit on the bars in the photo is golden, not red. Did you use something different? If so, what? I love the gold and green colors on the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Check out my photos on Flick Email me